Postpartum psychosis is a rare psychiatric emergency in which symptoms of high mood and racing thoughts (mania), depression, severe confusion, loss of inhibition, paranoia, hallucinations and delusions set in, beginning suddenly in the first two weeks after delivery. The symptoms vary and can change quickly. The most severe symptoms last from 2 to 12 weeks, and recovery takes 6 months to a year.
About half of women who experience it have no risk factors; but women with a prior history of mental illness, especially bipolar disorder, a history of prior episodes of postpartum psychosis, or a family history are at a higher risk. It is a not a formal diagnosis, but is widely used to describe a condition that appears to occur in about 1 in a 1000 pregnancies. It is different from postpartum depression and from maternity blues. It may be a form of bipolar disorder.
It often requires hospitalization, where treatment is antipsychotic medication, mood stabilizers, and, in cases of strong risk for suicide, electroconvulsive therapy. Women who have been hospitalized for a psychiatric condition immediately after delivery are at a much higher risk of suicide during the first year after delivery.
There is a need for further research into the causes and prevention; the lack of a formal diagnostic category and the difficulty of conducting clinical trials in pregnancy hinder research.
• Money & Success Multiplier.
• Dr. Deepak Kelkar.
• Psychiatrist, Hypnotherapist, Psychotherapist,
• De-addiction Specialist.
• Anxiety and Depression ( counseling )
• Life Coach, Business Coach
Kelkar Hospital is a 100 bedded Psychiatric Hospital in Maharashtra located at Akola. Akola is a District Headquarter in Maharashtra, located about 250 Kms from Nagpur. Patients with various mental illnesses are admitted & treated here.
Kelkar Hospital has another specialized branch at Akola where patients are admitted for a longer stay. Patients, who do not have relatives to take care of them, can be admitted here. It is a rehabilitation center for patients with mental illness.
Dr. Deepak Kelkar, MBBS, DPM , DNB , MD (Psychological Medicine) is a founder of Kelkar Hospital, Akola
Please subscribe my YouTube Channel for Videos on above subjects on following link.
Visit my Website – www.kelkarhospital.in
E-mail – firstname.lastname@example.org
Mobile No. – +919822570101
Facebook Page –
Please watch my other videos on youtube by clicking following link : –
1) Self Hypnosis victory on mind hindi स्वसंमोहन का प्रात्याक्षिक
2) NLP making Subconscious Mind Strong and Powerful (Hindi)
3) Prepare Yourself for Studies Best & Smart Scientific Techniques खुद को पढाई के लिये तैयार करे कैसे
4) Negative Thoughts Causing Tomorrow Syndrome & Perfection Syndrome(Hindi) मन कि नकारात्मक सोच
5) Exam Phobia Treatment with Hypnotism Hindi परीक्षा का डर
6) Treatment of Stuttering Hypnotism संमोहन से हकलाने का इलाज
7) Treatment of Stuttering (Hindi) हकलाने का इलाज
8) Anxiety disorder and Hypnotism चिंता कि समस्या और हिप्नॉटीझम
9) Voice of Subconscious mind स्वसंवाद
10) Sex Tonic How Useful (hindi) सेक्स टॉनिक कितना उपयोगी ?
11) Depression cause of Suicide (Hindi) निराशा और आत्महत्या
12) कोचिंग – धंदा डबल कैसे करे coaching for doubling business in Hindi
13) Why delegation Fails (in Hindi) लोग काम क्यों नही सुनते?
Overcoming fear of heart attack मरने का डर
Please watch: “Long acting Injection for Psychiatric illness दवा लेने से इंकार करने वाले पेशंट के लिए यह कीजिए”